I linked this homework activity to the strand unit – Family. The objectives are for children to;
- explore aspects of personal family history
- examine changes and continuity in the lives of grandparents and parents
- collect and use a range of simple historical evidence
Children bring the questions home and ask their parents 3 questions based on their lives when they were 8/9. I gave children from Thursday until Tuesday to complete this piece of homework as many children went to childminders after school or wouldn’t see grandparents until the weekend etc.
The three questions I chose were;
- What was school like?
- What jobs/chores did you have to do at home?
- What did you like to do in your spare time?