I lived in Brighton for almost a year and it definitely holds a very special place in my heart. It is such a brilliant city – so different from anywhere else I’ve been – its a very accepting place and everything goes. When living there, it took a while to get used to but now I try to visit once a year!
How to get there
- Fly to Gatwick (Ryanair)
- Train from Gatwick Airport to Brighton (30 mins)
Where to stay?
There’s lots of hotels on the seafront which is the best location to stay. Theres also lots of lovely B and B’s in Kemptown which is close to everything.
What to see/do?
- Brighton Pier – walk to the end
- Brighton Pier – arcade
- Royal Pavilion
- Walk through the lanes – so many interesting, different shops
- Snoopers Paradise – amazing shop to check out (2nd hand)
- Berts Homestore
- i360 (new this year!)
- Walk the beach and get ice-cream
- Get breakfast in Bills (either in Brighton or get the bus to Lewes)
- Get a coffee in Coffee Tree (in the lanes)