This weeks music monday is a piece of music from ‘The Last of the Mohicans’ called ‘The Kiss’ or ‘The Gael’ . I have loved this piece of music since I first watched the movie many years ago and I used to listen to it constantly.
- Compare and contrast the two sections of the piece
- Does the beginning sound like anything you’ve heard before? (Links with traditional Irish/Scottish music)
- Texture of the music (Solo, unison, orchestral – two contrasting parts (smooth, long notes and traditional shorter notes)
- Beat – tap, nod, try conducting to the beat
- The violin as an instrument (Compare and contrast with different styles of playing)
- Create a graphic score illustrating the different textures to the piece
- What does this piece of music remind you of?
- How do you feel when you listen to the piece of music?
- What do you like/not like about it?
- What can you picture when you hear this piece of music?
- Write a short story to go with this piece of music
- Draw a picture of what you think this piece of music is about
- Draw a picture of what this piece of music reminds you of
- Draw a pattern showing the piece of music