Woohoo congratulations you have secured a job for next year! Well done! Now you have the delightful task of filling out the ‘Appointment/Reappointment Form’ which you will receive from the principal or you can take a look at it here. This document has so many parts and can be a bit confusing to fill in so heres a quick step by step guide.
Page 1; All About You
Page 1; All About You and Your School
- PPS Number
- Address (this is where all your correspondence will be sent – your fortnightly payslips, p60 etc.
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- Payroll Number (This is on your payslip – if you are a new teacher just leave this blank!)
- Bank details (This is the account where your salary will be paid)
- Roll Number
- Phone Number
- Job details; contract type, type of post, date of appointment, origin of the post, name of teacher being replaced. (I usually leave this section blank for the principal to fill in!)
Page 2; Teaching Council and Previous Employment
Teaching Council; You must be registered with the teaching council or you will not be paid.
Previous Employment Details; include a P45 if you have worked elsewhere this year. This is important as otherwise you will have to pay emergency tax until it is sorted. In this section you can also include any other teaching service – private school, teaching abroad etc. as you may be entitled to incremental credit.
Page 3: Garda Vetting, Medical Fitness to Teacher, Illness Benefit
- Garda Vetting; if you are a new teacher/ changing schools you will need to get an up to date Garda Vetting from the Teaching Council. You can read more about that here.
- Medical Fitness to Teach; you will need to complete the Medmark for Teachers form which is available here.
- Illness Payment Benefit – you need to sign and date this and include your PPS number.
Page 4: Pension
There is a guidance note on this page in the download which explains which box to tick and why. In this section you will be asked about
- Career History; if you have previously worked as a teacher then just fill in the dates and Department of Education as the employer.
- Renumeration/Pay; if you are not currently receiving renumeration from any other public service body then you can skip this section.
Page 5: Teachers Checklist and Declaration
- Read through each statement and make sure you have completed each part.
- Sign the bottom in the presence of your principal.
- The principal/chairperson will then complete the section on the right hand side.