CID is a Contract of Indefinite Duration.

To qualify for a CID you must have;

  • Correct qualification
  • Teaching council registration
  • Continuous employment (on a fixed term/temporary contract covering career break, secondment, resource hours/increase in numbers) in the SAME school in EXCESS of two years.

How to apply

Fill in the form CID for the first time and sent to the DES.

What does it mean?

A teacher employed on a contract of indefinite duration holds an employment status that is equal to that of a permanent teacher. 

If there are no jobs in the teachers school (when they have a CID) then they have access to the main panel. A teacher with CID can cover temporary/fixed term contracts until a permanent contract arises.

Circular from Department of Education