When baking, I often find recipes from the US which use ‘cups’ instead of grams. Baking is an area which provides lots of opportunities for children to use their maths skills.
1 cup = 220g
- How many grams in 1/2 cup, 1/4 cup, 1/8 cup, 3/4 cup etc.
- My weighing scales only measures in grams. Convert the ‘cups’ to grams for the above recipe.
- This recipe is for 16 cupcakes. I want to make double/half this – change the ingredients to suit the new recipe.
- If I start preparing and mixing the ingredients at 2.15pm. What time should the preparation be finished if it takes 35 minutes?
- If I put the cupcakes into the oven at 3pm. What time will they be finished if they take 18-20 minutes?