This weeks Music Mondays focuses on the cello. This piece is probably one of the most famous pieces for solo cello and here it is played by Yo Yo Ma.
- Different parts of the instrument (See DK Find Out here or Making Music Fun here.)
- The String Family
Listening and responding activities
- Draw a picture to illustrate the music
- Write about the music – do you like it? What do you like/not like?
- Move to the music
- Imagine you are the conductor
- Add to the music – can you add body percussion or tap a rhythm that would work well with the piece? (As seen in the Piano Guys Version below!)
The composer of this piece is Johann Sebastian Bach.
Alternative Version – The Piano Guys
This version is played with 8 cellos instead of a solo. This is great for children to see the instrument played in different ways!