Place Value is a really important concept for all children to understand. This resource is a handy way for children to recognise numbers in different forms – the number, number in words, number broken into each place value and number in expanded notation.
There are a number of different ways to use this resource such as;
- Order the numbers from largest to smallest (using the number cards only)
- Order the numbers from largest to smallest (using a mix of cards)
- Find the corresponding cards (which show the numbers in different ways)
- Take out the number cards – children have to write the number using one of the other forms.
The cards are divided into different sets – so this resource is suitable from 2nd – 6th class.
- Tens and Units
- Hundreds, Tens and Units
- Thousands, Hundreds, Tens and Units
- Ten Thousands, Thousands, Hundreds, Tens and Units
- Hundred Thousands, Ten thousands, thousands, hundreds, tens and units