Towards the end of the school year, the weather is usually nice, there’s lots of exciting activities taking place from school tours and plays to rounders on the green for P.E. and at times children begin to lose their focus.
This is where the ‘Ice Cream Challenge comes in! The children earn points (either individually or as a class) and each group of 10 points is part of the reward e.g.
- 10 points – bowl
- 20 points – bowl and spoon
- 30 points – bowl, spoon and 1 scoop of ice cream
- 40 points – bowl, spoon, ice cream and sprinkles
- 50 points – bowl, spoon, ice cream, sprinkles and chocolate sauce/syrup
- 60 points – bowl, spoon, ice cream, sprinkles, chocolate sauce/syrup, and chocolates/jellies
During the last week in school we have our ‘Ice Cream Challenge Day’ – each child gets a bowl, spoon and ice-cream and then they choose which toppings to have.
It’s a lovely treat for the end of the school year but also a great way to keep calm and focussed for the last few weeks!
This free downloadable pack contains a presentation explaining the Ice Cream Challenge along with a tracker that you can print to keep track of the points earned by the children!