Have you given in to the madness yet or are you waiting until next week? Theres less than 2 weeks to the Christmas holidays so here are some ideas for embracing Christmas in different subject areas.
- Christmas Acrostic poem
- 5 sense poem; I see, I feel, I hear, I taste, I smell
- Lots of Christmas poems from Primary Success
- Christmas traditions
- My favourite Christmas present
- Food at Christmas
Creative writing – some writing prompts;
- When Santa got stuck in the chimney..
- On Christmas night, my snowman…
- Letter to Santa
- Thank you letter to Santa
- The Most Amazing Christmas present
- Our Christmas traditions
- My favourite Christmas memory
- A trip to the North Pole
- Imagine you are one of Santas elves – write a diary entry about your day
- Disaster at the North Pole
- You are in charge of the food for Christmas. Design an ideal Christmas menu.
- This Christmas I hope…
- A day in the life of a Christmas Tree
Christmas Shed – lots of ideas here.
Retelling Nativity story
- Maths Facts – Colouring Pages from Activity Village
- Christmas Symmetry from Instant Display
- Christmas worksheets from Kidzone and SuperTeacher Worksheets and Pakcng
- Christmas Around the World (Available from Primary Resources or Twinkl)
- Ideas from PDST (1st/2nd Class here.)
Lots of ideas here.
Song singing – Silent Night, Away in a Manger, The Drummer Boy, Have yourself a merry little Christmas, The First Noel, I want a hippopotamous for Christmas, Grandma got run over by a reindeer
Composing – pick a Christmas story; break it into 4/5 parts and ask the children to compose a piece of music for each part. (Use percussion instruments, household objects etc.)
- Christmas scenes – freeze frames
- Christmas plays
- Nativity story