In the coming weeks, jobs will start to be advertised for the next school year – now is the time to get things ready for applying.
1. Teaching Council Registration
You must be registered with the teaching council before working in an Irish primary school. Without registration you will not be paid by the department.
The cost of registration is €65 to be paid annually.
2. Garda Vetting
Find more information here.
You need up to date Garda Vetting if you are an NQT, or if you are moving to a different school or returning after a career break. It can take up to 8 weeks for this to come!
3. Statutory Declaration
Download the form here.
These forms are for child protection purposes and can be signed by a solicitor. (They charge €10-€15 for this) A peace commissioner can also sign this document.
4. Other necessary forms/documents
- Standard Application Form (Download here.)
- Letter of Application
- CV (sometimes asked for)
- Copy of Certificates (This might include your degree, certificate in R.E., courses you have completed etc.)
- Written references (Make sure to ask for these in advance – keep the original and photocopy)
- Passport sized photo (You can get 1 set of these and then print in colour and laminate – saves a fortune!)